Saturday, September 20, 2008

Introduction

This topic occurred to me because of some of the new things happening this election year. It was the closest that a woman came to being a primary candidate in the Presidential election, even though Hilary Clinton did not make it as the primary candidate for the Democrat Party. Also, the Republican Party has nominated Sarah Palin as their Vice President candidate. This got me thinking about female leaders, not just in the United States, but throughout the world. I want to look into their stories of becoming a leader, such as what it took to get there. I also want to research what other women have done in both the United States and the world, to see their fellow women in a leadership position. An example of this is that some women in the United States are changing their vote from Democrat to Republican. Could it be because of Sarah Palin? Is the getting the so called “female vote” just because she is a woman running for the second highest position in this country?
I also want to look at women leadership around the globe because my major is global government. I want to look at how often it happens, where it happens, and what it took for them to get there. I am very curious about how it is accepted in other cultures and regions. I hope to find a lot of information on this and to maybe link to other blogs that talk about the global aspect. I am looking forward to hearing from other people on this subject and doing some research to look into these things that I would have otherwise kept putting off. I am excited for this blog because it gives me a chance to research something that has been an interest to me for some time now.

No comments: