Sunday, November 2, 2008

In the first part of the blog, I was focusing on Sarah Palin because of the election year and because she is a woman running for a prominent position in the United States government. Now that it is almost Election Day, I have decided to turn my attention to the other aspect of my blog, which is female leaders world-wide. I have done research on past and present female leaders, trying to find out how they came to power and how they were or are received by the people. I will also focus on elected power rather than inherited power.
What I would like to do in the upcoming weeks of the blog is to focus on female leaders in each region of the world: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, and the Pacific. I think there will be both similarities, but mostly differences in how women got into leadership positions and even more in how they were received by the people.
I know that a video clip was supposed to be embedded in this week’s blog, but I had a hard time finding a good video clip that would have anything to do with how the leader came into their leadership role. Most of them were on specific issues related to their country or things that had nothing to do with their leadership role. So instead, I found a good website that is sort of an overview, and will get more specific as the weeks go on about each region.
http://www.filibustercartoons.com/charts_rest_female-leaders.php

No comments: